Frequently Asked Questions
- WHO ARE PET PICK-UPS CUSTOMERS?
- Our products are used every day wherever pets are welcome: National, State and Municipal Parks and Recreation Areas, Condominium/Homeowner Associations, Marinas, Pet Friendly Hotels/Resorts, Campgrounds and RV Parks. Responsible pet owners across the country use Pet Pick-Ups on a daily basis.
- ARE PET PICK-UPS PRODUCTS THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED?
We offer bags that are thoughtfully designed for picking up pet waste. Our Pet Pick-Ups Limestone bags are made of a proprietary blend of polyethylene and limestone. We also offer bags made of polyethylene sourced from 100% reprocessed industrial plastic. By using limestone we use fewer petrochemicals, and by reusing scrap plastic we give a second use to plastic that would have otherwise ended up in our nations landfills. In addition, our latest bag is created from a biopolymer made of corn and potato starches meets all ASTM D6400 standards. Disclaimer: With regard to the Pet Pick-Ups Bags That Meet the ASTM D6400 Standards, we cannot warrant that our products meet each and every rule and standard of varying governmental entities. Regarding compostable products, please note that appropriate commercial compost facilities may not exist in your area. Please check with your local city and government for a list of compost facilities near you.
Dear Valued Customers,
We want to let you know of a change in the composition of several of Pet Pick-Ups bags. Pet Pick-Ups will no longer be using the oxidegradable additive PDQ in it’s limestone, Bare Bones and Reprocessed Plastic Bags.
We have recently learned that the PDQ oxidegradable additive would allow the bag to degrade in a bioreactor landfill, in other types of landfills there may not be enough air and moisture to allow for degradation. There is no way to know or to guarantee to our customers in which type of a landfill the bag will end up, Pet Pick-Ups will no longer be using the oxidegradable additive PDQ as we would never want our customers to have an inaccurate impression of the environmental benefits of our bags.
Pet Pick-Ups will continue to be made from the same proprietary blend of polyethylene and limestone, which contains a filler of calcium carbonate from limestone thereby reducing the plastic content by 20% in our limestone bags and by 10% in our Bare Bones bags.
And as an alternative, Pet Pick-Ups also offers our compostable bag which meets all ASTM D6400 standards for use only where certified dog waste composting facilities are available. Please remember, dog waste cannot normally be composted properly at home. Contact your authorities to see if there is a composting facility for dog waste near you.
Thank You and we appreciate your business and the opportunity to share in your love of your pet and our environment.
WHAT PRODUCTS ARE OFFERED BY PET PICK-UPS?
- Nature Dog Dispenser Boxes
- Pet Pick-Ups dispenser boxes, made of sturdy recycled plastic will not splinter or rust and never needs painting. Dispenser boxes are available in an attractive cedar color, ideal for park settings or for blending in with any landscaping scheme.
- Modern Dog Dispenser Boxes
- Created by award-winning designer and pet lover, Michael McCoy, our Modern Dog Dispenser is made from 54% recycled aluminum, powder coated for a long lasting, maintenance and rust-free finish, with a stainless steel locking mechanism.
- Limestone Pet Pick-Ups Wickets
- These bags are created from a proprietary blend of polyethylene and limestone, and contains a filler of calcium carbonate from limestone reducing the plastic content by 20%.
- 100% Reprocessed Industrial Scrap Plastic Pet Pick-Ups Wickets
- Made of polyethylene sourced from 100% reprocessed industrial plastic.
- Pet Pick-Ups Wickets which meet all ASTM D6400 Standards
- Created from a biopolymer made of corn and potato starches, our latest bag meets all ASTM D6400 composting standards. Disclaimer: With regard to the Pet Pick-Ups Bags That Meet the ASTM D6400 Standards, we cannot warrant that our products meet each and every rule and standard of varying governmental entities. Regarding compostable products, please note that appropriate commercial compost facilities may not exist in your area. Please check with your local city and government for a list of compost facilities near you.
- WHAT ON EARTH IS A “WICKET”?
- A wicket, or “pack” is designed to be used with a dispenser box. It is a cardboard header of 50 (or more, depending on which bag is chosen) perforated Pet Pick-Ups bags, with three holes punched in the top header. The cardboard headers are designed to be placed on the 3 hooks inside the dispenser box allowing the bags to hang through the dispenser box to the bottom where they can be pulled out one at a time.There are 30 wickets in a case.
- HOW DO PET PICK-UPS DIFFER FROM OTHER PET CLEAN-UP PRODUCTS?
- When you purchase from Pet Pick-Ups, you are guaranteed that, from production to completion, our products are created using the best practices in design and manufacturing.
Pet Pick-Ups are large enough to accommodate waste from all sizes of dogs.
- HOW CAN I ORDER?
- You can order through our secure website online, or we would be happy to take your phone or fax orders.
- Phone: 1-303-443-8914
- Fax: 1-303-443-0414
- Email: email@example.com
- DO YOU OFFER VOLUME DISCOUNTS?
- Yes. Each product page shows the discounts available.
- WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- We accept
- VISA, MasterCard, money orders and checks from established accounts. We accept payment in U.S. funds only. In certain cases, taxes may apply. There will be a $25 fee for checks returned for insufficient funds.
- New Customers
- Pet Pick-Ups welcomes new customers! To establish an account with us, please complete the Registration Form or talk to one of our friendly customer service representatives at (303) 443 – 8914.
Prepayment is needed for all new accounts. Be sure to let us know if you have a tax exempt number when establishing your account.
- Established Accounts
- Established accounts may choose to pay at the time of the order or be billed. Those who choose to be billed should note that invoices are payable net 30 and are sent separately from your orders(s).
- HOW WILL MY ORDER BE SHIPPED?
- Your order will be shipped within 7 days of placement and will be sent either UPS Ground or LTL shipment. After orders are placed, please allow 7 business days for receipt. For other shipping arrangements, or order pick up, please call us at (303) 443-8914.
- CAN I PICK UP MY ORDER INSTEAD?
- Sure you can! Orders can be picked up at our warehouse at: 18101 East Colfax Ave, Warehouse 7, Door P4, Aurora, Colorado 80011. Just call Deborah at 303-739-2141 to schedule your pickup time. Instead of having to pay shipping charges, a flat $12.00 charge will be applied to cover packaging.
- WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY?
- Customers may return, within 30 days of receipt, any product in original condition. A $20 restocking fee per item type will be charged and customers are solely responsible for all return shipping costs. Pet Pick-Ups will pay shipping costs only if the return is the result of our error or in the event of defective or damaged items.
We hope we have answered your questions. Please let us know if we can be of further help by calling (303) 443-8914.